Monday, November 29, 2010

A Bury Cute Thanksgiving - 2010

Last Tuesday David and I loaded up the girls and drove out to St. Louis to spend Thanksgiving with some of my family. It was a special week because my grandparents met Kate. David reminded me on the drive up how fortunate I am to have 3 of my grandparents still living and that Kate and Maddy have 3 great-grandparents. Now that we are back home and I am looking at the pictures I am truly amazed at how blessed I am to have my grandparents in my life today. 

It goes without saying that it was wonderful to spend a few days with them. Grandmother and Grandaddy live in a beautiful senior apartment community. The entire time we visited Maddy kept saying "this is such a nice hotel I wish I could live there." I think Maddy was particularly impressed by the popcorn machine and the best chocolate chip cookies.

The weather was crazy. We arrived to beautiful sunny skies on Tuesday but woke up Wednesday to rain and fog. That didn't stop us from going to the famous Gateway Arch. David, myself, and my Dad took both girls up to the top of the Arch. Maddy loved the Arch. She loved the little "egg" elevators to the top, she loved looking out the windows, and she even wanted to slide down it. Then she got to the top and realized it would be dangerous. After the Arch and cookies with Great Grandmother we had a nice pizza dinner with Aunt Cindy and Uncle Rob.

Thanksgiving morning we woke up to more rain and fog. We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast and watched the Macy's parade. By 11am we were stir crazy, so Grandaddy (my dad) took us to see Tangled. Maddy loved it and for Kate's first movie experience she did great (thanks to David). When we left the theater we were greeted with SNOW! I still can't believe it snowed on Thanksgiving. Maddy was so excited, she kept saying "St. Louis is the best because they have snow." Well it didn't last long, by the time we went to Aunt Cindy's house for Thanksgiving dinner it was over.

Aunt Cindy and Uncle Rob hosted a lovely Thanksgiving dinner. According to David it was the best Thanksgiving meal he's had in a long time. We had everything from turkey and ham to homemade biscuits and oyster stuffing. It really was the best. Aunt Cindy if you are reading; please, please type out your recipes and share with me. Especially the olive balls and biscuits. :-) And thank you for hosting all of us.

Friday morning came quickly and we started our trip back to Macon. We had arranged it so that we could stop and spend Friday night in Nashville with our best friends Ben and Elizabeth. They were kind enough to put us up Friday night and make us chili on Saturday after their busy Thanksgiving. We arrived safely home Saturday night just in time to watch our Georgia Bulldogs beat the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets in the final football game of the season. It was the perfect way to end Thanksgiving week. :-) Now on to Christmas.... Maddy woke up this morning asking "is it time to celebrate Christmas and when will Santa come?" It's going to be an exciting Christmas season.... :-)



Click on the picture for all of our Thanksgiving pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment