Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nana's visit

Nana (my step mom Allison) was in town over the weekend so the blog has been a little neglected but I am back. :-) Nana flew into town Thursday and left this afternoon and from the minute she landed we have been on the go stopping only for food and sleep.

On Friday we (Mimi and Kimmy too) took Allison to Madison for some antiquing and pizza. We had such a great day. As usual the girl's were amazing, but the photographer (me) forgot to charge the camera batteries so we don't have any pictures... I know, I know, how could I forgot the batteries. Despite the lack of pictures, I think we'll always remember when Maddy told a shop owner "that's not a boy that's a Kate" when someone asked her about her "baby brother."

Everyone was tired from a full day in Madison but we recovered enough Friday night to spend a day at Scott's Antique Mart in Atlanta on Saturday. David and Poppi watched the girl's while Allison, Marge, and I went up. I had never been to Scott's so I wasn't sure what to expect but, oh my goodness.... It was crazy! I don't think I have ever seen so many antiques in one place before. We saw so many beautiful and interesting things and we came home with a few of them. The food was good too. I am thinking we need to go back soon and next time bring a trailer (hint, hint Peggy). After spending the day with both Allison and Mimi I am not sure who loves antiques and shopping more: me, Mimi, or Allison.....it's probably a tie. It was another fun day with two of favorite women. :-)

And sadly today, Sunday, came quickly and we had to take Nana back to the airport. Before she left I charged the camera batteries and snapped a couple of pictures. Below are a few of my favorites, Nana loves to laugh and she's great at getting both Maddy and Kate to giggle. Everyone in the house was a little somber this afternoon, even Zack who was laying on Nana's bed tonight. Her visit was so much fun that we can't wait for Nana (and Grandaddy) to come back soon. We love you Nana!




No comments:

Post a Comment