Friday, October 15, 2010

D is for Dirt

Every week one family from Maddy's preschool class is responsible for providing snack for the class. The rules are simple, no nuts, bring enough for 8 students, bring a 64oz bottle of apple juice, and at least one of the snacks must begin with the letter of the week. That last rule can be a bit tricky....

This week was letter "D" week and also our week to bring snack. When I first saw the "snack calendar" I was with Kimmy. Neither one of us could come up with a snack that began with "D", I think we were both sleep deprived or something. So we asked David and his first response was "Doritos", such a typical guy. :-) We asked Mimi and she immediately thought of  "donuts", well I really began to feel like a fool then. Both were perfectly delicious letter D snack options but I wanted something better!

So Maddy and I made dirt....chocolate pudding, with Oreo crumb topping, and a gummy worm on top! The perfect letter D snack for a room full of 3 year old girls.... I am just hoping we don't get letter "X" in the spring, I might need help with that one. :-)

Maddy adding dirt and gummy worms

Kate was the official taste tester
Final product, dirt cups...

No comments:

Post a Comment