Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring Break - Part 2

To continue from where we left off yesterday, we returned from Hilton Head Tuesday evening. It was still wet and cold Wednesday morning, so you may be asking what do you do in middle Georgia on a rainy day? You go to Bass Pro Shops!
This was Nana and Granddaddy's first visit to Bass Pro Shop and only my second (so don't get any ideas that I go there all the time). First of all even if you don't like the outdoors or anything related to the outdoors you still gotta visit the store just to see the inside. It's crazy. Secondly, I guarantee everyone can find something to buy there. We found "rib rub" for BBQ ribs and candy. We also had lunch with David and visited an antique mall that afternoon. Between Bass Pro Shop, lunch at The Rookery, and shopping at Payne Mill Antiques I would say we had a well rounded "cultural" day in Macon. :-)

Thursday started out the same as Wednesday, more rain and cold. We loaded up the van and headed to Atlanta. At Granddaddy's request, we started our day at The Varsity. If you didn't know, he went to Georgia Tech, his dear daughter (me) went to UGA so there is a bit of a family rivalry going on there but I won't bore you with the details. We put our differences aside long enough to enjoy chili dogs and onion rings, although I am pretty sure the onion rings at the Athens location are better. Ha! :-)


After lunch we headed over to Imagine It, the Children's Museum of Atlanta. I am kinda a snob about children's museums but I was really pleased with this one. Maddy described it as the "best newsuem she's ever been too." Both she and Kate had a ball running around, touching, playing, and climbing on everything. I tried my best to get pictures but it's kinda hard when you are chasing Kate around trying to keep fake food and moon sand out of her mouth. :-) Be sure to look at the web album for pictures.
Kate operating a crane. :-)
Milking a happy cow. :-)

Weee...look at me I did it all by myself.
After playing for several hours we headed back home with enough time to hit another antique mall. On Friday the weather finally turned and it was beautiful so we went to Madison, the town General Sherman deemed to "pretty to burn down" on his infamous March to the Sea during the Civil War. We had a delicious lunch, walked around town, and of course shopped for antiques (if you haven't noticed, we do a lot of that). Saturday was the perfect day for a BBQ with family and friends. And on Sunday we said goodbye to Nana and Grandaddy and spring break. It was a busy fun filled week that I am still recovering from. Thank you Nana and Grandaddy for visiting us, we love you!

Web album

No comments:

Post a Comment