Wednesday, September 22, 2010

What we did on Tuesday....

Tuesday started out like this....

Yes, that's my dark and very empty refrigerator/freezer you are looking at. On Monday we woke up to find that our NEW refrigerator had stopped working and I had just gone to the grocery store two days earlier! Ugggh. So on Tuesday the girls and I started our day waiting for the repair man, who wasn't able to fix it and said it will probably be late this week maybe Monday before he'll have the part. It's under warranty but I am beginning to wonder why they don't just give me a new one....That discussion is for a different post, once I convince my lawyer (David) to write a letter to the manufacturer....but as David tells us "you people don't know when you need a lawyer and when you don't." So he probably won't take my case. :-) Anyway...

The good news is that Aunt Kimmy is now off during the week so she can play with us... So in celebration of her new schedule we loaded up the van and headed out on a impromptu trip to Madison. Not before a stop at Georgia Bobs for chicken salad sandwiches (Mimi, in my opinion, your chicken salad is still the best).


Madison is only about an hour away from my house. If you are local and haven't been to Madison you need to go. If you are out of state and come visit, we need to take you there. It's a great small town with several antique stores, boutiques, beautiful antebellum homes, and gelato. More about the gelato later.

Antiquing is nothing new for Maddy and Kate. They have both been doing it since they were literally 4 weeks old. Over the last few months I have learned that putting Maddy in the smaller stroller and backpacking Kate is the best way to navigate antique malls. Both girls are contained and shop owners are usually more friendly when they see the small stroller versus my huge BOB stroller.
We shopped for a while and found a few things. Eventually Kate needed to eat and Maddy had been so good that it was finally time for her treat. We found a neat candy store that served gelato. Maddy and Kimmy had strawberry and I tried the candy corn flavor. Yummy! After Kate finished her bottle she got to taste gelato for the first time. She loved it.
After the sugar rush had worn off we headed back to Macon and were back in time for dinner. It was a great way to spend a Tuesday. Wonder what next Tuesday will bring?






No comments:

Post a Comment