Monday, April 18, 2011

Strawberry Patch Field Trip

Last Friday, Maddy's school went on a field trip to pick strawberries at Twin Oaks Fun Farm, in Forsyth. Maddy talked about the upcoming field trip all week. She told everyone from the pharmacist at Walgreens to the cashier at Kroger that she was going to the strawberry patch. She also told these same people that Daddy had left early in the morning and wouldn't be back, which meant I got a lot of questioning empathetic stares from these people. Sorta like they wanted to ask what she meant but also kinda didn't want to know.... What Maddy meant to say was that Daddy was a on business trip and would be home in a couple of days. I gotta work with Maddy on what she tells people, I don't want her to be shy but I also don't want her to share everything. :-) 

But back to the field trip, the kids got to pick strawberries, play on the amazing playground, eat ice cream, and of course have a picnic. Maddy told me that her favorite part was eating ice cream... It was a lot of fun and again I tried to snap as many pictures as I could... but that little Kate moves quickly.

Maddy with her fresh picked strawberries.

Sisters picking berries together.


Maddy with her buddy, Cassidy.

Kate inspecting her "harvest".


No comments:

Post a Comment