Monday, January 10, 2011

Ice Day

We woke up this morning to sleet, ice, and a tiny bit of snow. Everything was closed or cancelled today and will be tomorrow too. When Maddy woke up she quickly opened the blinds and saw white stuff on the road and driveway. She was immediately ready for some playing, no breakfast required.  Somehow we convinced her to slow down, eat a little breakfast, and wait for the freezing rain to stop. It stopped right as I finished pulling out our snow clothes (never thought I would do that in Georgia).

After bundling up myself, Kate, and Maddy we ventured outside to see what Georgia snow is like. I knew it was mainly ice and very slippery but Maddy was confident that she would be able to build a snowman, make a snow angel, and sled. It was too early in the day to break her heart and I was too chicken to tell her, knowing it would cause a mini meltdown. Either way I knew she'd figure it out on her own. Well it took all of 5 seconds outside for Maddy to realize this isn't really snow and that the snow at "Granddaddy's is better." She walked around for a few minutes and tried to make a snowball.

Meanwhile I did drag Kate out into the cold, icy air. You know me I am all about the photo opportunity. :-) At first she thought it was funny, she smiled and giggled, and tried to walk around a little. Once she touched the ground and realized it was wet and cold she was done and ready to go back inside. All in all we stayed outside for about 10 minutes. It only took us 25 minutes to get dressed, but that's what snow ice days are all about. That and hot chocolate! :-) 

Click on the picture below to see all of the pictures from our icy photo shoot. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment