Saturday, January 8, 2011

Back in the swing of things....

Did you think I had forgotten about you?  To be honest, this week I did. It's been a busy week of getting back into the swing of things after the holidays. Between Maddy going back to school, Kate having her 1 year check up (by the way according to our pediatrician she's still perfect), and getting back into a routine I kinda forgot to blog. So here's what you missed this week in the life of Maddy and Kate.

Before Christmas when Maddy asked when is her birthday we just told her it's after Christmas. Well Christmas has come and gone and Maddy hasn't forgotten about her birthday. So just about everyday she asks "when is my birthday and are we going to have a Fancy Nancy party?" To which we answer "your birthday is in a few weeks after Mommy's and yes you are going to have a Fancy Nancy party." That usually satisfies her for a day. 

 Kate got her first pair of real shoes this week, real walking shoes. Has she walked yet? No. But she teases us at least 30 times a day by standing up in the middle of the floor, looking around, smiling, and then she sits. I am not sure why I am rushing her to walk. I know she'll do it in her own time and she's already hard to keep up with when she crawls. I bet she's waiting to do it when I am not around. :-)

That's about it this week. This week should bring more blog posts as we are expecting snow/ice and a visit by some dear friends. :-)

Some of that teasing....this time in her new shoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment