Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Night Breakfast

I think we started a new tradition in our house tonight. It's called "Sunday Night Breakfast". I realize that having breakfast for dinner is not a "new idea" but I never realized how much both David and Maddy love having breakfast for dinner. I have a couple of recipes for fun breakfast casseroles, pancakes, french toast, etc, but I never make them. Why don't I make them? Because on weekdays it's hard enough to get coffee and toast made, Saturday mornings David makes breakfast for the girls while I sleep in, and Sunday we are always in a rush to make it to church. So Sunday night is the perfect time to make breakfast! We are all home, relaxed, and I have enough patience to allow Maddy to help. And to make breakfast for dinner even better we eat in our jammies!

Here are some pictures from our first "Sunday Night Breakfast". Maddy helped me make blueberry muffins, eggs, bacon, and fruit salad. David entertained Kate and as you can see, she wasn't amused.






2 comments:

  1. Love it all! the idea, the reasons why it's harder other days and easy Sun. nights, Maddy's excitement, and of course, Kate's total un-amusement! lol

    ReplyDelete