Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend in Review.....

It appears that everyone survived the weekend. I know that I had a lot of fun in Atlanta but I sure could have used a little more sleep this morning. Anyone else feeling that way? While Mimi, myself, Aunt Kimmy, Uncle Charlie, and Ms. Peggy were away doing "business" at market Poppi and David were busy at our house. Not only were they watching Maddy and Kate but they also had all the dogs. So there were a few times over the weekend the guys felt more like zookeepers than babysitters, but they did a great job. According to Maddy this is what they did over the weekend:

  • "had pool party"

  • "went to the moose for dinner" (I think that means they went to Loco's)

  • "got a bath"

  • "we got ice cream"

  • "Poppi made pancakes, but he didn't make bacon"

  • "daddy workout"

  • "Poppi run"

  • "Kate cry at dinner cause she scared"

So it sounds like they had lots of fun. And Poppi gets a gold star because on Sunday he ventured out to the grocery store with Kate and Maddy by himself. A task attempted only by myself and now Poppi.

Thank you Mimi and Poppi for a fun weekend. It's nice to have a break from the girls, but its even nicer to come home and get a big hug from Maddy and a huge smile from Baby Kate. I don't have any pictures of the girls over the weekend but I will share this picture with you.


Chef and Food Network star Tyler Florence was at market this weekend. He did a great cooking presentation with his dad and then signed cookbooks. I've always liked his TV shows and have tried some of his recipes so it was a fun treat to meet him. Very personable and eager to talk about yams and sweet potatoes. :-) I'll let you know how some of his recipes turn out.


1 comment:

  1. I really had fun in Atlanta, but I would like to keep Maddy and Kate for 3 days too! Who got the best deal - Mimi or Poppi?

    ReplyDelete