Saturday, July 24, 2010

A letter to Maddy on her wedding day

Dear Maddy,
Yesterday you told us that you are going to marry Jack at church on Sunday. A surprise to us because we are not sure if Jack is your imaginary friend or someone in your Sunday school class. But that's not important, what is important is that at 3 years old you described your wedding in great detail. I want to remember those details so that 20 years from now on your actual wedding day we can look back and see if your vision at 3 years old ended up as your "dream wedding." I hope it does because this sounds awfully sweet.....

"I want to wear a white dress with a princess crown on my head, Jack has to wear black pants and a tie. I want to carry purple flowers and have a white cake with strawberries and whipped cream on it. We dance and have a horse and carriage drive. Everybody is invited but you have to wear ties and pretty dresses."

Maddy, your dad and I can't wait to meet the guy that steals your heart. Since the day you were born we knew that whoever takes you as his wife will be someone extraordinary, just like you. You will always be our "baby Maddy" twirling around in your pink and white polka dot dress.

Now I gotta go, time to start clipping coupons, purple flowers and carriages aren't cheap. :-)

Love,
Mommy

1 comment: