Wednesday, August 3, 2011

It's BOW Day!!!

I've been waiting for this day for 19 months. The day Kate would finally decide to wear a hair bow for more than 30 seconds.... Today was that day.

We were cleaning upstairs when Kate brought me a pink bow and pointed to her head. That was her way of telling me "put this on me Mommy." So I did, thinking she would immediately take it off and throw it to the ground (like she had done 1000 times before). But she didn't! Kate wore the hair bow for almost an hour. Yea Kate!

For whatever reason I wasn't the Mom that put big bows on my babies the minute they were born. I didn't feel the need to do that, my girl's were "girl-y" enough without the big bows. But here in the South the bigger the hair bows, the better. That's why today is kinda a big deal for me. It's Bow Day!

To celebrate Bow Day I'll take Kate tomorrow to buy her some smaller hair bows because this bow is way too big for my little baby... :-)


And yes, I celebrated Bow Day with Maddy too. Here's a picture from Maddy's Bow Day in the Summer of 2008... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment