Thursday, August 5, 2010

Skechers

Today we went to lunch with my friend and college roommate Holly. As we sat down to lunch Maddy sat next to "Mommy Holly", not sure where she came up with that but it was cute, Holly asked Maddy if she was ready for school. Maddy started talking all about school and getting ready for it. She talked about her new book bag, and making new friends, etc. Holly asked "are you going to get new clothes?" Maddy said "I don't know, but I need some Skechers and new dress shoes". We both looked at her and said "Skechers?, what are Skechers Maddy?" Maddy says to us with that all to familiar attitude of hers: "Well duh, they are shoes and they are stylish."

At three years old Maddy knows all about Skechers, how on earth does she know about Skechers?! It's not like I have a closet full of them. I am pretty sure she doesn't watch TV channels that advertise Skechers. So on the way home I asked her. Again with that familiar attitude she responds "I saw them in the sports store with Nana."

We did go to a sporting goods store while in DC and we did walk through the shoes but I never pointed out Skechers and I am pretty sure Nana didn't point out the Skechers so the only conclusion I can draw is that Maddy is a genius and can read at age 3....

Either that or somewhere in the last week a Skechers TV ad slipped by us. But for now I am sticking with reading prodigy. :-)

3 comments:

  1. We might need to do something about that "all too familiar attitude" before she really does get smarter than all of us put together. As for the Skechers - I think Nana should send some from DC. That Nana is so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about attitude...just not sure what else we can do. Just hoping that school and getting back to routine will help. But I sense the attitude is a combination of her daddy and mommy put together and we turned out okay. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's just too cute! That's all there is to it!
    We can't help that! :)

    ReplyDelete