Friday, September 23, 2011

Flashback Friday - Caramel Apple Edition

Pumpkin bread, football, colder weather, candy corn, and caramel apples are just a few of my favorite "Fall" things. Even though the temperature today in Macon was in the upper 80's the calendar still said it was the first day of Fall. I always feel funny about putting out fall decorations, wearing jeans, and eating fall foods before it officially "feels" like fall. But I am beginning to realize that here in Georgia if I waited on the "cooler" weather to put out my pumpkins and order pumpkin spice coffee K-cups I'd only have them for a few days and then it'd be time for our Christmas tree. So today I started forcing "Fall" in our house. 

First order of forcing Fall is caramel apple dip. It was Maddy's choice for our Friday night treat and the subject of "Flashback Friday". The picture below is of Maddy in September 2008. She is eating caramel dip with apples for the first time.

Flash forward 3 years......

And here is Kate, eating caramel apples for the first time tonight.


My kind of girl, no need for apples, just give her a spoon.
At this point, Kate is tired of listening to Zack bark.
Here try some, it's yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment