Wednesday, February 9, 2011

In case you wondered where Kate has been....

Mmmm....yummy yogurt.
It occurred to me this morning that I haven't blogged about Kate in awhile. So just in case you wondered where Kate has been here she is.... She is 13 months old and my life has changed in a big way because she is WALKING!!! Guess I forgot to mention that with all the Maddy"ness" going on around here. She took her first steps several weeks ago at Mimi and Poppi's house. She prefers to walk with something in her hands and as Uncle Fireman Ben says, she looks like Frankenstein when she walks, but everyday she walks more and more.

She wants to climb stairs now and even this morning she was trying to climb on top of our ottoman. So I find myself a little busier these days watching her, clearing paths, and comforting her when she falls. As I watched her this morning play with an empty (and clean) yogurt cup and spoon I realized that she's nothing like Maddy. I mean they look alike but that's about it. Maddy was very curious and adventurous. Kate is methodical and deliberate (as much as a toddler can be). You can see this when she plays and walks. She gets this serious look in her eyes like she's trying to solving some hard math equation. Yet she's very funny too, as you can see with her new favorite toy the yogurt cup.

Here Mommy have some...


You can't catch me.

1 comment: