Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Video from Santa

Here it is as promised.... the Bury Family Christmas Tree! So our first real tree is coming along nicely. We haven't burned down the house or stained our hardwood floors, Zack hasn't mistaken the tree for an outside tree, and Kate hasn't pulled it down. I realize it's only December 8th and we've got a long month to go but I'd say we are doing pretty good. Plus I just really wanted a chance to show off the stockings I purchased this year at Kohl's for $2.50 each with my Kohl's cash and $10 off coupon. And to think, I was about to break out the sewing machine and make us stockings and then have them monogrammed.

I also wanted a reason to share this Maddy anecdote. Last night at the dinner table she informed us that Santa's real name is Nicholas and that Santa is just his nickname. In fact she said his full name is Saint Nicholas and that her teacher, Ms. Jennifer, had told her that. This afternoon I asked Maddy what's your nickname?  She replied "Maddy. My full name is Madalyn Ruth (pronounced "Roof") Bury."

Maddy got really excited this afternoon when Santa, I mean St. Nicholas, sent her a video from the North Pole. You should have seen her eyes they were huge and the smile on her face was even bigger.

Click on this link to watch Santa's video to Maddy:


No comments:

Post a Comment