Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Kate's 2nd Birthday


Happy New Year! It's ten days into the New Year and I haven't blogged until today. So you might think one of my resolutions would be to blog more but it's not. In fact one of my resolutions is not to stress about blogging or my lack of blogging.

So let's kick off Bury Cute 2012 with a recap of Kate's 2nd birthday. For those of you that don't know, Kate's birthday is December 28th. I won't bore you with all the details of her birth story and how for years to come I can guilt Kate by reminding her I spent Christmas 2009 in the hospital waiting for her. Instead, I'll just jump into this years celebration. This year we celebrated on Kate's actual birthday with a small dinner party.

Maddy and I prepared Kate's favorite dinner of spaghetti and salad. We decorated the dining room, got her some ba"oons", a cake, and put all of the presents under the "birthday tree". "Birthday tree" is one of the advantages of having your birthday around Christmas, it's the one time you know all of the presents under the tree are for you. That's what Maddy told Kate that night....

Birthday Tree
Kate had a great time at her party. She loved all the attention she received in addition to the cake and presents. Here are a couple of pictures that capture the highlights from her special evening.
"Yea Me!"

Woo hoo, it's my birthday!

I love hanging out in my tree tent.
 
 I love this hot pink chair from Mimi and Poppi.
Notice how I sit like a big girl with my legs crossed.

"Do you think Mommy and Daddy are trying to tell me they are tired of changing diapers"
There are more pictures of Kate's birthday. Just click on this link to see the rest:  https://picasaweb.google.com/109867542586578056397/KateS2ndBirthday?authkey=Gv1sRgCOXLoJT8pZPZNg

No comments:

Post a Comment