Monday, October 24, 2011

October brings the harvest....

Today was Maddy's school field trip to Twin Oaks Fun Farm. There were not a lot of pumpkins left but we still enjoyed a hay ride, the playground, and feeding the animals. Kate was particularly interested in the donkey. The donkey made a noise and then Kate proceeded to imitate it by going "hee haw hee haw." It was pretty funny considering that she was supposed to be quiet and listening to directions on how to feed the donkey.

Maybe that's why instead of feeding the donkey Kate decided to eat the donkey food.... She seemed content to eat it until I realized that's what she was eating. After a quick finger swipe to remove the feed from her mouth, Kate got mad and never really recovered. I think she was more upset that she had to share the feed with the animals than she was mad that I told her "no"...but I could be wrong.

Then there's Maddy. She had been waiting on this field trip for weeks. At school they learned a special song to sing on the hay ride and Maddy sang it every night to "practice." I'll have to get Maddy to sing it slowly so I can write down the lyrics but it ends with "October brings the harvest." And just that one line is has been stuck in my head all day now. :-) I wish my hands were free during the hay ride so I could have captured Maddy's little face. She was so excited. All in all it was a fun morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment